- 2 1/2 pounds cauliflower, crowns cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 handful fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Coat cauliflower florets with 1 tablespoon oil and salt lightly. Roast in oven until brown and soft, about 20 minutes. Do not undercook! Cool completely.
Cut carrots into wedges: Slice across at an angle, rotate carrot so that the cut is facing up and slice at an angle again along the cut. This makes beautiful, evenly shaped wedges.
Coat carrots and onions in 1 tablespoon oil and salt lightly. Roast in oven until soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
In a food processor or blender, mix tahini, lemon juice, water, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil until dressing is blended.
Toss cooled, cooked vegetables with dressing. Garnish with chopped parsley. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member