- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 bunch celery, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (see note)
Whisk together ketchup, honey, maple syrup, oil, tamari, ginger, garlic and mustard.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix together sauce, vegetables and beans. Pour into a casserole pan and bake, covered, for 1 hour, stirring several times.
If beans are not saucy enough, add a bit of water. It is very important that the beans do not dry out.
The PCC Deli prefers to start with dried cannellini beans for this recipe.
Find instructions for cooking beans ».