- 1 1/2 cups red quinoa
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
Rinse quinoa in cold water in a fine mesh colander and let drain.
Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, stir, and bring to a full rolling boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer; simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let quinoa slowly finish cooking for another 10 minutes. Let cool in the refrigerator.
In a bowl mix together lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic, dried mint and olive oil.
When quinoa has cooled, toss with cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, mint, cilantro and dressing.