- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 16 large green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Couscous, for serving (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat.
Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the heated pan and brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
Add remaining oil to the pan along with onions, garlic, lemon zest, coriander and olives. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add lemon juice and wine; cook for another minute.
Return chicken to the pan and add stock. Press the breasts down into the liquid and ladle some of the onion mixture over. Cook, covered, for another 10 minutes over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with couscous and garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon zest.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member