- 1/2 pound cooked chicken meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 yellow onions, diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Pick meat from chicken and set aside. Make stock out of the bones or use packaged chicken stock.
In large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, carrots, bell peppers, jalapeño, garlic and spices until soft, 8 to 12 minutes.
Add chicken, tomato sauce, tomatoes and black beans. Cover with chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Add corn tortillas and shredded cheddar cheese. Take off the heat and stir until cheese is melted. Add cilantro before serving.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member