- 1 1/2 tablespoons high-heat oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 carrot, cut on the diagonal
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 (14-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup currants
In a large soup pot, heat oil, onions, curry powder, garam masala and turmeric over medium heat. Cook onions until soft, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. Stir in potatoes and carrots; add enough water to cover. Season with salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes and carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in garbanzo beans, tomatoes, bell pepper and currants; heat through. Season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member