- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed (see note)
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 handful Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
Rinse quinoa and drain. Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, return to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for 30 minutes. Cool on a tray or baking sheet in the refrigerator.
To toast pumpkin seeds, preheat oven to 350° F. Spread seeds on a baking sheet and toast for 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, chipotle powder and salt until dressing is blended.
Transfer cooled quinoa to a large bowl and add beans. Toss with dressing. Add pumpkin seeds, green onions, tomatoes, parsley and corn. Stir gently to combine.
The PCC Deli prefers to start with dry pinto beans. Learn about cooking beans.