- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets, skin removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive or high-heat oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto (PCC carries several excellent brands), divided
- 2 to 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes, washed and stems removed
Season fillets with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat and sear fillets for 4 to 5 minutes to a side, or until opaque through. Remove them from the pan and brush with 2 tablespoons pesto sauce.
In a sauté pan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Add tomatoes, salt and remaining 2 tablespoons pesto and cook just until tomatoes begin to blister. Don’t overcook or you’ll have an unexpected marinara sauce!
Serve fish with tomatoes spooned over the top.