- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Mix olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Mix 1 teaspoon spice-oil mixture with yogurt in a separate bowl and set aside for the sauce.
Place chicken on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Rub 2 tablespoons spice-oil mixture over chicken.
To remaining spice-oil mixture, add chickpeas, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons cilantro; toss to coat. Pour chickpea mixture around chicken. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Roast chicken until it is cooked through (an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165° F), about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.
Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon chickpea mixture over chicken and serve with yogurt sauce.