- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 8 (1-inch) slices day-old brioche, challah or French bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pint strawberries - rinsed, hulled and halved
Combine ricotta, honey, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl and mix until smooth and creamy; set aside.
Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; pour into a large, shallow pan. Soak bread in a single layer in the egg mixture, turning once. Let stand so that liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes per side.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 bread slices and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side; transfer to a warm platter. Repeat with remaining butter and bread.
Drizzle with honey and serve with the honey-lemon ricotta and strawberries.