- 2 pounds baby red, purple or Yukon gold potatoes (or a combination), quartered
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup plain, whole-milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet or spicy pickled peppers
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Toss together potatoes, bacon, shallots, garlic, oil, salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread vegetables in a single layer and roast until bacon is crisp and potatoes are browned and tender, about 20 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and stir vinegar into the still-hot pan, scraping the bottom of the pan to release browned bits. Let potato mixture cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mustard and fresh herbs. Drizzle yogurt sauce over potato mixture. Add peppers and toss gently to coat. Serve warm.