- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 limes, or to taste, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups sliced kumquats, or to taste
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 8 small new potatoes
Preheat oven to 400° F. Coat a large roasting pan or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon oil. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Slice 2 limes into wedges. Zest and juice remaining 2 limes; set aside. In a bowl, whisk together remaining oil, honey, garlic, shallot, rosemary, lime juice and lime zest; season with salt and pepper.
Add kumquats, tomatoes, potatoes and lime wedges to the bowl and toss to coat. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan or skillet with a slotted spoon.
Coat chicken in remaining oil mixture and nestle in the pan skin-side up. Place in the oven and roast until chicken is cooked through (165° F when measured with an instant-read thermometer) and potatoes are tender, basting with pan juices occasionally, 40 to 60 minutes.