- 12 small red potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup cooked or canned white beans
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives or other fresh herbs, for garnish
Wash and cut potatoes in half. Place potatoes in a single layer on a steamer rack and place over a pot of hot water. Cover with a lid and steam 6 to 8 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from steamer and cool.
Once potatoes are cool, use a small end of a melon baller to remove a small amount of potato from the center of each half. Save removed piece of potato for another use.
Put remaining ingredients (except fresh herbs) in a food processor and process until smooth. Cut chives into 1-inch pieces. If using other herbs, remove leaves from stem.
Fill each potato half with a dollop of pea mixture. Garnish with fresh herbs. Chill until ready to serve.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member