- 1 1/2 ounces roasted red peppers, peeled and seeded
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 to 10 cups mixed baby greens
- 16 to 20 basil leaves, torn
- 4 ounces Marcona almonds
- 6 ounces strawberries, sliced thick
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Purée peppers, oil, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer and set aside.
Place greens, basil, almonds and strawberries in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing (1/4 cup is plenty) and toss to coat. Reserve remaining dressing for another use.
Divide salad mixture between 4 plates and crumble feta on top of each. Garnish with extra berries, almonds and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, if desired.