- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons red or brown miso
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (2-inch) piece lemongrass, smashed
- 2 Japanese eggplants, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound mixed mushrooms (shiitake, crimini, porcini, etc.), chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
Mix together mirin, miso and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, lemongrass, eggplant, peppers and zucchini and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add mushrooms and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and miso mixture; mix well. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are softened. Remove lid and cook an additional 10 minutes to thicken sauce.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member