- 2 1/2 pounds thin carrots with green tops
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated on a microplane
- 1 organic lemon, sliced thinly into rounds
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Trim the green tops from the carrots, leaving about 1/2-inch attached. Slice any large carrots in half lengthwise.
In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, harissa, pomegranate molasses, cumin and garlic. Stir well.
Place the carrots on a sheet pan and drizzle with sauce. Using your hands or tongs, toss the carrots until they are coated with the sauce. Add the lemon slices to the bowl and coat with the remaining sauce. Top the carrots with the lemon slices.
Season carrots and lemons generously with salt and pepper and roast in the oven, stirring a few times, until the carrots are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.