- 1 cup cubed leftover turkey meat
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 8 sprouted corn tortillas (or your favorite)
- High-heat oil, for brushing on the tortillas
- 6 to 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Cranberry Salsa
In a bowl, combine turkey, black beans, pumpkin seeds, cilantro and green onions.
Brush a little oil on one side of 2 tortillas. Place 1 tortilla, oiled-side down in a 10-inch or larger skillet over medium heat. Spread 1/4 of the cheese on top of the tortilla and top with 1/4 of the turkey-bean mixture. Place the other tortilla, oiled-side up, on top of all this.
Cook until the bottom tortilla is golden brown. Using a pancake turner, carefully turn the quesadilla over and cook until golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly. Repeat process 3 more times with remaining tortillas and filling.
To serve, cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges and serve with fresh lime wedges and Cranberry Salsa.