- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 2 quarts Leftover Holiday Turkey Stock, reserving some of the cooked turkey meat for the soup
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 to 2 cups leftover cooked turkey meat – shredded or chopped
- 1 cup leftover gravy
- 3 cups finely chopped winter greens, such as chard or kale
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Spike seasoning, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Leftover Stuffing Dumplings
- Cranberry sauce and chopped parsley, for garnish
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat and add onions, celery, carrots, garlic and herbs. Cook until vegetables are translucent and becoming tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in stock, mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy, greens, Worcestershire, Spike and pepper. Bring soup to a low simmer and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes.
Place 3 to 5 dumplings in the bottom of a wide soup bowl and pour soup over the top. Garnish with cranberry sauce and chopped parsley.