- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Herbs of choice (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheese of any kind
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust, thawed
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups vegetables or meat for the filling
Preheat oven to 375° F.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and a few grinds of pepper. If you like, add thyme, tarragon, basil, oregano or other herbs if they go well with your ingredients. Set aside.
Sprinkle grated cheese over pie crust. Top with your choice of filling. If you are using vegetables, sauté them first, unless they already are cooked. Gently pour the egg mixture over cheese and filling.
Place the filled pie on a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until just set. Remove from the oven and let the quiche rest for 8 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.