- 1 1/2 cups ground or finely chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cups ground or finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup ground or finely chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup sesame or pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries, blueberries, chopped apricots, dates or dried coconut
- 3/4 cup sweetener such as honey, agave nectar, maple syrup or molasses
- 1/2 cup dried kelp, crumbled into small pieces
- Spices such as cinnamon, cardamom or nutmeg (optional)
Preheat oven to 325° F. Oil a 7- by 11-inch baking dish.
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. The mixture will be somewhat sticky. Using wet fingers, press it down into the prepared pan.
Bake for 15 to 45 minutes depending on how crunchy and roasted you would like it. Cool and then cut into individual pieces.
Another option is to roll the mixture into balls with wet hands and enjoy them raw.