- Serves: 6
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Vegan, Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- Each serving
- 330 cal
- 21g fat (2.5g sat)
- 0mg chol
- 230mg sodium
- 34g carb
- 3g sugar
- 7g fiber
- 10g protein
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch lacinato (dino) kale, tough stems removed and leaves cut into ribbons
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Combine quinoa, broth and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, without stirring, until all liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to sit, covered, for 10 additional minutes. Fluff grains with a fork.
Combine tahini, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in kale; gently mix with a wooden spoon or massage with your hands so that the kale breaks down. Add onions, sunflower seeds, parsley and reserved quinoa; mix to combine.
Substitute chicken stock for vegetable stock and honey for sugar, for a non-vegan option.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member