- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 15 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 anaheim pepper, diced
- 1 small loaf Panzanella bread (couple of days old), cubed
- 3 tablespoons or more water
- 1 head Romaine or other lettuce
- Shavings of Parmesan cheese
In a bowl, place tomatoes, salt, green onions, olive oil, basil and peppers; let sit for about 1 hour for the flavors to blend. Put bread in a bowl, sprinkle with water and then toss with tomatoes.
Place lettuce leaves on a platter and cover with bread salad, top with shavings of Parmesan and serve.
For variation you may add red bell peppers, cucumbers, diced fresh mozzarella and Kalamata olives.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member