- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 15 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 anaheim pepper, diced
- 1 small loaf Panzanella bread (couple of days old), cubed
- 3 tablespoons or more water
- 1 head Romaine or other lettuce
- Shavings of Parmesan cheese
In a bowl, place tomatoes, salt, green onions, olive oil, basil and peppers; let sit for about 1 hour for the flavors to blend. Put bread in a bowl, sprinkle with water and then toss with tomatoes.
Place lettuce leaves on a platter and cover with bread salad, top with shavings of Parmesan and serve.
For variation you may add red bell peppers, cucumbers, diced fresh mozzarella and Kalamata olives.