- 1 tablespon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups coarsely chopped red onions
- 4 cups cubed, unpeeled, Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 cup low-fat soy milk
In a 5-quart saucepan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Stir and cook over medium heat until seeds begin to pop. Add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute. Add onions and potatoes; cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic, turmeric, cumin and coriander; cook for 6 minutes. Add spinach and remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced and potatoes are tender. Remove cinnamon and bay leaves.
Editor’s note: Take care not to bring the sauce to a boil, or the soy milk may curdle.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member