- 3/4 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 cup coconut milk or nut milk
- 2 cups filtered water or nut milk
- 1 whole vanilla bean, sliced open (remove before serving)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup slivered almonds
Place all ingredients in a small pot and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
To cook cereal, place on the stovetop, covered, on low heat. Let simmer slowly for about 20 minutes (up to 1 hour for the rice cereal), stirring occasionally. Add extra water if the cereal is too thick and enjoy warm.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member