- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, sage, chives, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Combine flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and herbs. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture until well combined. Set aside for 15 minutes
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place melted butter in a large bowl.
Press 1/3 cup batter through 1/4-inch holes on a strainer or coarse grater directly into boiling water. Stir to separate spaetzle and cook for 2 minutes, until they float. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon or fine strainer, draining well. Transfer to the buttered bowl and toss to coat with butter. Repeat with remaining batter.