- 8 apricots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus extra for garnish
- Pinch of cayenne
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices baguette
- Extra olive oil, for brushing the bread
- 2 to 3 ounces blue cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted almonds
Cut apricots in half lengthwise and remove pits. Place apricots in a bowl. Combine olive oil, honey, lime juice, thyme leaves and cayenne and gently toss with apricots.
Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat and grill apricots about 2 minutes to a side or until golden and sizzling. Make a little crostini by brushing bread slices with olive oil and cooking on the grill until lightly toasted.
Arrange 2 apricot halves on each crostini; scatter with cheese and chopped almonds and garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme.