- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as avocado, sunflower or safflower
- 5 garlic cloves, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary sprigs, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored, fronds removed, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted
Preheat oven to 425° F. Evenly coat a rimmed baking sheet or half sheet pan with neutral oil.
Combine the garlic, herbs and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the garlic is finely chopped. Add 1/4 cup of the olive oil and blend until a smooth paste forms. Transfer half of the mixture to a small bowl for serving, reserve remaining half for chicken.
Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Coat with the reserved garlic and herb mixture and arrange on the prepared sheet pan.
Toss vegetables with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the vegetables around the chicken thighs in an even layer. Place the lemons, cut-side down, in direct contact with the pan.
Transfer pan to the oven and roast until chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165° F, about 40 minutes. Sprinkle chicken and veggies with feta and olives.
Serve, passing the remaining garlic and herb sauce at the table.