- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil (sesame, canola or grape seed)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
Heat a wok or large cast iron skillet over high heat and add oil. Add onions, garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Mix in green beans and shrimp. Pour in broth, cover and steam until beans are tender and shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Uncover the pan and add oyster sauce, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. Cook until heated through and most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member