- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and drained
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water at least 4 hours or overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Water, as needed
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, plus additional for garnish
Place dates, walnuts, coconut and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is fairly fine and uniform. When a small amount of the mixture is pinched between the fingers and sticks together, it is ready to form the crust. Press crust mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform or pie pan, making sure the edges are well packed. Rinse the food processor well.
Place cashews, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest in the food processor. Blend until very smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water to help with the blending process.
Pour about 2/3 of cashew mixture on top of crust and smooth the surface. Add raspberries to remaining filling and blend until smooth. Pour raspberry mixture on top of the first layer.
Freeze cake until firm, 2 to 4 hours. Allow to warm up for 30 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.