- 1 cup emmer farro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tangerines, divided
- 2 tablespoons Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 ripe fuyu persimmon, peeled and diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 head endive, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 3 green onions, sliced
Bring farro, 5 cups water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Zest and juice 1 tangerine; segment remaining 2 tangerines. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together tangerine zest, juice, vinegar, mustard, honey and garlic. Drizzle in oil while whisking to create an emulsified vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, gently toss together farro, vinaigrette, tangerine segments, persimmons, pistachios, endive, parsley, mint and green onions. Serve at room temperature.