- 1 cup emmer farro
- 3 large carrots, thickly sliced
- 4 shallots, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the farro, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until puffed and tender, about 50 minutes. Drain through a sieve and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together carrots, shallots, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper.
Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven to heat for 4 minutes. Carefully remove the baking sheet and spread carrots and shallots on the pan. Return to the oven and roast until carrots are golden and tender, shaking the pan occasionally, about 30 minutes.
Combine farro and carrots in a large bowl. Toss with remaining oil, lemon juice, herbs, olives and almonds.
Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and carefully add the eggs. Cook for 6 1/2 minutes then remove eggs with a slotted spoon. Place in an ice water bath until cool to the touch.
Divide farro mixture among four bowls. Carefully peel each egg and slice lengthwise. Place two egg halves on top of each bowl of farro and serve.