- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 2/3 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups asparagus, snap peas or green beans, diagonally sliced
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups radishes, cucumber, fennel or tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions or 1/3 small Walla Walla, red or yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch leafy greens (mizuna, arugula, chard, kale or a mix), finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, mint, parsley or chives), chopped
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse under running water.
In a small saucepan, combine water or broth and rinsed quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat; let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes to absorb remaining liquid. Remove and cool completely.
Prepare all vegetables and place in the salad bowl with cooled quinoa.
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and toss with salad.