- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 nectarines, pitted and finely diced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, for garnish (optional)
- Lemon or lime wedges, for serving
Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in rose water and lemon or lime juice. Let cool completely.
Soak noodles in hot water until pliable, according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cut or tear noodles into 1-inch pieces.
Combine noodles, syrup and diced nectarines in a shallow glass baking dish. Place in the freezer. After 1 hour, stir mixture with a fork. Return to the freezer and chill until the desired consistency is reached, 1 to 2 hours more.
To serve, scrap ice with a fork and scoop into bowls. Garnish with pistachios and lemon or lime wedges.