- 2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, thyme or other fresh herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, as needed
- Seasoned flour (1/2 cup flour mixed with salt and pepper, to taste)
- Butter, for frying
Boil potatoes in their jackets. Pull off skins and mash immediately.
Add egg, butter, flour and herbs. Mix well until butter is melted. Season with salt and pepper, adding a small amount of milk if the mixture is too stiff.
Shape into a 1-inch thick round and then cut into 8 wedges.
Place seasoned flour in a shallow bowl, and dip each wedge in the mixture.
Fry in butter over medium-low heat until the fadge is crusty and golden on one side. Flip gently and cook on the other side.