- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) rings and seeded
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley, to garnish (optional)
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook bell pepper slices for 1 minute and then crack 1 egg into the center of each bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until whites are just set, 2 to 3 minutes.
Carefully flip over the peppers and cook until eggs are set to desired doneness, 1 to 3 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese during the last minute of cooking, so that the cheese has time to melt.
Remove to a plate and sprinkle with chives or parsley before serving.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member