- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (71% or higher), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder, or to taste
In a heavy saucepan, combine cream and butter; bring to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat and add chocolate. Swirl the pan to ensure that all the chocolate is submerged in the cream. Set the pan aside and allow to rest for 7 to 8 minutes. This will melt the chocolate.
Stir the mixture to blend well. Add maple syrup, orange zest, cinnamon and chipotle. Taste for balance and add a little more chipotle if you’re feeling spicy!