- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 10 grinds fresh black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 baguette, sliced into rounds and brushed lightly on one side with extra-virgin olive oil
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 4 ounces chèvre cheese
- 1 cup arugula leaves
Put rhubarb, ginger, cinnamon, thyme, pepper, cayenne, shallots, salt, vinegar, sugar and syrup into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, for about 30 minutes until thickened. Cool to room temperature and remove cinnamon stick.
Brushed baguette rounds lightly on one side with oil. Toast bread in a toaster or under a preheated broiler until lightly browned. Spread with cheese, top with a leaf of arugula and then a dollop of rhubarb-thyme jam.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member