Make good use of a late summer tomato harvest with this flavorful appetizer.
- 1 roasted red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 medium-size ripe tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- 1 baguette
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon spicy paprika (pimenton)
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika (pimenton)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Place roasted peppers, jalapeno, garlic cloves, tomatoes and nuts on a sheet tray and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice the baguette and drizzle some olive oil over it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake bread for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and rub one of the peeled garlic cloves on the bread.
To finish the romesco dip, add the roasted mix to a food processor along with spices, a pinch of salt and pepper, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Process until a chunky dip is formed. Taste and adjust seasoning. Spread baguette slices on a platter and top with romesco.