- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion, small dice
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup prepared butternut squash soup
- 1 cup coconut milk (light or regular)
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 red potatoes, peeled, small to medium dice
- 1 (8-ounce) package tempeh, cubed
- 1 (4-ounce) can baby corn
- 1/2 crisp apple, medium dice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Basil, mint or chives, for garnish
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan with a cover. Cook onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and bell peppers; season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly softened, about 5 more minutes.
Add soup and coconut milk. Stir in curry paste and sugar. Add potatoes and tempeh and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally.
Add corn, apples and soy sauce. Cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil. Season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
You may substitute tofu for the tempeh.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member