- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cornmeal pizza crust (available in the freezer department at PCC)
- 1/3 cup PCC Deli Black Bean Hummus
- 2 to 3 leaves lacinato or curly kale, stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled chèvre cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Manchego cheese (or your favorite melty pizza cheese)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dried mangoes (or substitute fresh)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- Whole sprigs of fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges and hot sauce, for serving
Preheat oven to 425° F.
In a small sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat and cook shallots, stirring frequently, until deep golden, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Place pizza crust on a baking sheet and spread hummus evenly over the surface. Distribute shallots and kale over the hummus. Top with all but a few tablespoons of the cheeses. Sprinkle with mango and pumpkin seeds and scatter the last of the cheeses evenly over the surface.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs and serve with lime wedges and your favorite hot sauce.
Another fun topping combination
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member