- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced in rounds
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 to 3 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 2 green onions, chopped
Heat oil or butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add red peppers and carrots and sauté a few minutes more. Add corn, tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir gently until heated through.
Stir in cooked peas and heat. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add green onions just before serving.