- 2 cups cooked Bhutan Red Rice
- 1 3/4 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raisins (more if you wish)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
Using a potato masher, partially mash rice to achieve a slightly creamy consistency.
Serve hot topped with berries, walnuts and a little extra cinnamon and maple syrup, if you wish.