- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup filtered water or coconut water
- 4 ripe peaches, pitted and chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled and seeded
- 2/3 cup chopped pineapple or tart apples
- 2 teaspoons seeded chopped fresh jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
In a blender combine cashews and water or coconut water and blend until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and process until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. If too thick, add more water or coconut water.
Place soup in the refrigerator and chill until serving. Taste before serving and add more jalapeño, mint or salt if needed. Garnish and serve.
For garnish, use lightly toasted, shredded, unsweetened coconut; toasted cashews; slices of fresh peaches, strawberries or blueberries. You also can use slices of peaches sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and broiled in the oven.
For more texture you can use a food processor instead of a blender.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member