- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups finely shredded leftover cooked chicken
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup finely grated hard cheese such as Parmesan or cheddar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup or more milk or broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil and sauté onions and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, breadcrumbs, parsley, Italian seasoning, lemon zest and cheese. Gently stir in sautéed onions and garlic, eggs and milk or broth, adding more liquid as needed until the mixture can be formed into patties. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
To make croquettes, fill a 1/3-cup dry measuring cup with chicken mixture. Invert onto a work surface and gently form into a patty. Repeat procedure with remaining mixture.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add croquettes and cook 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Carefully flip over and cook 4 minutes more or until bottoms are golden and croquettes are heated thoroughly.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member