- 1 cup unbleached, unrefined sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups nuts
Combine 1/4 cup sugar with butter or coconut oil, salt, spices and water in a skillet. Simmer until sugar has dissolved. Add nuts; stir and toast for about 15 minutes until lightly caramelized.
When toasted, add remaining sugar and mix. Let cool, then store in an airtight container or bag.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member