- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 2 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 lemon, juiced, plus wedges for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley or fresh basil
Cook Brussels sprouts in boiling, salted water 4 to 6 minutes or until tender but still green. Drain and refresh in cold water. (You may also steam or roast them if you prefer.)
In a wide sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and add garlic and sage. Cook for a few seconds until aromatic. Stir in Brussels sprouts; cook for 30 seconds more. Toss in white beans, pasta, hazelnuts and tomatoes. Add chicken or vegetable broth and cook gently until heated through.
Squeeze lemon juice over and season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with lemon wedges and chopped parsley or basil.