- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Generous pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups packed lacinato kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped (from about 1 1/2 pounds kale)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, heavy Dutch oven or heavy-bottom pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon paprika and red pepper flakes; sprinkle with salt. Add kale, stock and garbanzo beans. Cover and cook until kale is soft and beans are heated through.
Remove lid, turn heat to medium-high and cook until the sauce thickens and clings to the kale and beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more paprika, if desired.
Transfer to a serving bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve.