- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup winter squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or cilantro, chopped
Heat oil in a 2-quart skillet. Add onions, followed by the other vegetables in the order listed. Sauté for about 5 minutes. Add salt and continue cooking while you make the braising sauce.
While the vegetables are cooking, combine all remaining ingredients, except beans, in a blender and process to make a smooth sauce.
Add the sauce and garbanzo beans to the vegetables. Continue cooking just until vegetables are fork-tender.
Serve over a bed of basmati rice and garnish with fresh basil or cilantro.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member