- 1 pound red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 to 3 ounces blue cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk or half-and-half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chives, for garnish
Place potatoes in a pot of boiling, salted water. Cover and cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Transfer cooked potatoes to a bowl and add blue cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Mash potatoes, skins and all, until all of the ingredients are blended. Add a little extra milk if potatoes are too dry. Sprinkle with snipped chives.
You may make these potatoes up to 1 day in advance. Transfer them to a casserole dish and store them, covered, in the refrigerator. To serve: bake at 350° F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.