- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-ounce) can ground peeled tomatoes
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle chile
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed oregano leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup whole-kernel corn (fresh, thawed-frozen or canned)
- Sour cream, shredded cheese or chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, green bell peppers, red peppers and garlic and cook until tender. Stir in black beans, tomatoes, jalapeños, chili powder, chipotle chili, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn and cook another 5 minutes.
Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member